This first lesson is for anyone wanting to start playing the cuatro with a solid foundation. It was designed for those who struggle to find a clear path, it covers everything from the musical alphabet to playing open strings.
- Explain the physical properties of a cuatro string and how it produces tone and pitch.
- Identify high and low sound and the notes on the musical alphabet.
- Identify the different parts and components of the instrument.
- Perform basic picking and fretting techniques.
- Discuss the importance of proper posture, left- and right-hand positions.
- Identify the notes on the open strings: G, D, A, E, and B.
- Puerto Rican Cuatro
Estimated Time to Complete: 45 minutes